At Mixpanel, our mission is to help the world learn from its data.
The engineering team spends each day working toward this goal, building powerful tools that help companies understand how people use the things they build.
This blog is where we write about the engineering challenges we face and the problems we solve. We want to let you get to know us–and hopefully we can solve a problem you have!
The Tao of Mixpanel Engineering
- Have empathy for each other. We’re all in this together, assume good intentions.
- Listen to people’s ideas. Seek the truth, don’t just fight for your idea.
- Demonstrate ownership and demand autonomy.
- Have a strong bias to action. Get something working first and then iterate. When you’re pressed for time, cut scope, not quality.
- Work smarter, not harder. Prioritize ruthlessly. Dive deep and understand the problem. Know what success looks like. Be #DataDriven.
- Care about your craft. Always be learning.